The site I'm working on is really unsafe, what can I do?

FAQ Category: 

Well, there are a few different things you can do. If there is a Health and Safety Rep (HSR) who works on your site, you should let them know first. If not, then there are still other ways you can work this out. If you're a union member and there's nobody in your workplace that you feel comfortable reporting it to, you can contact the counter organiser at Lidcombe who will endeavour to give you advice and if need be, get in touch with the relevant site organiser. SafeworkNSW are the Government regulator of WHS in New South Wales, so you should definitely let them know that something isn't right. Too often companies get to tell us that "there were no issues before now" when something goes wrong, just because nobody had reported them to Safe Work- So it pays to be diligent.